NOTE – Pool rules are subject to change at the direction of the Board
- Each Family (a family is inclusive of everyone residing in the housing unit at Breckenridge) must use their key card to enter the pool facility through the pool entry gate.
- When the pool is guarded and unguarded, you swim at your own risk.
- Limit two (2) guests per attending family. A parent or a parent-approved guardian must accompany members under the age of 14 who bring a guest to the swim and tennis courts.
- Swimsuits are required for swimming. No cut-offs or street clothes are allowed in the pool.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or parent-approved guardian who must be 16 years of age or older.
- Individuals with bandages, open wounds, sores or skin infections will not be permitted in the pool.
- Only children 5 years old and younger are permitted in the baby pool.
- All non-toilet trained or newly toilet-trained children MUST wear snug-fitting rubber pants alone under their bathing suit and/or over disposable swim diapers when in the pool or pool area. No standard disposable diapers are allowed in the pool.
- Glass of any sort is not allowed in the pool or patio area.
- Smoking (use of any tobacco products), gum, squirt guns and whistles are strictly prohibited from the pool and pool area. Animals of any kind are also prohibited unless the animal is permitted under the Americans with Disabilities Act (proof that animal qualifies must be provided – advance notice preferred).
- Pool use is restricted to the lower deck and restrooms. The clubhouse, upstairs veranda and stairs are off limits for pool users.
- Open fire and fireworks are strictly prohibited from the pool area. Toys, games and inflatable devices will be allowed when pool population warrants. Lifeguards, at their option, may have items removed from the pool. The patio furniture shall not be used as playground equipment.
- Underage and excessive drinking of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
- Playing or loitering in the restrooms is prohibited. Skateboards, bicycles, roller blades, hardballs, are prohibited from the pool and pool area. Running, profanity and other potentially dangerous behaviors are prohibited.
- Lifeguards are responsible for monitoring conduct in the pool and pool area. Their instructions must be followed at all times. Lifeguards have the authority to expel persons from the pool area who disregard the rules.
Lifeguards will follow the following Disciplinary Policy:
- 1st Offense – The offender will be notified of his/her offense, will be politely reminded of the rules, and will be requested to follow the Pool rules in order that a safe environment can be maintained.
- 2nd Offense – The offender will be given a 15-minute “time out” period from the pool and pool activities.
- 3rd Offense – The offender will be dismissed from the pool for the remainder of the day and the parents will be notified. Lifeguards will log the name(s) of the offenders and the name of the parental contact.
Should a pool user have repeated episodes of offensive or disruptive behavior, the offender can be banned for the pool season.
- Lifeguards are authorized to verify the identity of any pool user at any time to eliminate the possibility of trespass by non-residents.
- Lifeguards will maintain a full roster of Breckenridge resident’s names, addresses and telephone numbers. Furthermore, lifeguards are authorized to remove such individuals from the premises.
- Lifeguards are responsible for safety of pool members and their guests. In the event of an incident, lifeguards will 1) clear the pool, 2) announce to members and guests in attendance of the situation and 3) post a sign of the nature of the incident and anticipated re-open time.
- In the event of a storm, everyone MUST clear the pool by following the lifeguard’s instructions until safe conditions return.
- Members are responsible for cleaning up after themselves. This includes disposing of food and drink containers as well as food and drink which have spilled onto the ground and/or furniture. Cleaning supplies are provided at the lifeguard station.
- Lifeguards may expel intoxicated persons at their discretion.
Rules for Pool Use during Unguarded or Adult Swim Hours
Adult swim is from 6 am until 10:00 a.m. and from 8:00 pm until 10 pm on all days during the pool season, unless otherwise published in the schedule placed at the front gate.
Unguarded or Open Swim is anytime that Adult Swim is not scheduled and the pool is unguarded and the pool is open.
No one under the age of 18 may swim during adult swim times.
No one under the age of 18 may swim during unguarded or open times without an adult over the age of 18 present. This guardian or parent is solely responsible for the wellbeing of anyone under 18.
- At the end of the adult swim hours, the pool is considered closed and homeowners should cleanup when they leave the pool area.
- Any adult using the pool during adult hours, who observes unsupervised child/children in the pool area, should ask the child to leave and report the incident to York Properties at 863-8090.
- Anyone who observes unattended children during open or unguarded times should ask the children to leave and report it to York Security at 828-7677.
- Board of Directors reserves the right, at any time, to add, change and/or cancel any rules relating to unguarded hours that it deems necessary in order to maintain a safe environment.
Please note any unauthorized entry or off hours entry into the pool area will be considered trespassing. Furthermore, lewd and obscene behavior, including profanity, will not be tolerated. The Town of Morrisville Police Department is authorized to criminally trespass any individual found after hours on site.